A. i) 18 to 27 years as on 01.01.2010 for Inspector of Income Tax/ Inspector (Central Excise)/ Inspector (Preventive Officer)/ Inspector (Examiner)/Inspector of Posts/ Assistant Enforcement Officer and Divisional Accountant/Auditors/ UDCs.
A. ii) 20 to 27 years as on 01.01.2010 for posts of Assistants and Sub-Inspectors in CBI
As per extant Government Orders, the crucial date for age-limit is reckoned with reference to the examination schedule / date of the Main Examination.
The Combined Graduate Level (Main) Examination, 2010 is likely to be held in Ist half of 2010 subject to unforeseen administrative / public exigencies.
Candidate should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of application will be accepted by the Commission for determining the Age eligibility and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
5. The Upper age limit as prescribed in 5(A) will be relaxable:
- Upto a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe category:
- Upto a maximum of 3 years if a candidate belongs to OBCs in accordance with DP& T OM No.43013/2/95-Estt.(SCT) dated 25.01.1995 read with amendments made thereafter ;
Other Backward Class(OBC) for the purpose of Age Relaxation And Reservation will mean "Persons of OBC category not belonging to the Creamy Layer'' as defined in Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT,) dated 08.09.1993 and modified vide Goverment of India Department of Personnel and Training OM No. 36033/3/2004-Estt(Res) dated 09.03.2004
- Upto a maximum of 10 years if the candidate is a physically handicapped person. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC who are physically handicapped, the maximum age relaxation of 10 years permissible for physically handicapped shall be in addition to the age relaxation provided in terms of column (i) And (ii) above;
- Upto the maximum of 5 years to candidates of Jammu and Kashmir who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989.(Any person intending to avail of the aforesaid relaxation shall submit the certificate from either District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he/she had ordinarily resided or any other authority so designated in this behalf by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir to the effect that he/she had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989)
- Upto the age of 35 years (upto 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and 38 years for OBC) in the case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried, ( For Group "C" posts) ;
- Upto a maximum of 3 years (8 years for SC/ST and 6 years for OBCs candidates) in the case of Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence there of
- Upper age limit is relaxable to retrenched employees of Chukha Hydel Project Authority in Bhutan who were directly recruited, to the extent of service rendered by them with the Authority (period of service rendered by the retrenched employees will be decided on the basis of certificate issued by the Chukha Hydel Project Authority) (For Group "C" posts).
- Upto a maximum of 5 years (8 years for OBC & 10 years for SC/ST) for Group "B" (Non-Gazetted) posts viz, for Inspector (Central Excise)/ Inspector (Preventive Officer)/ Inspector (Examiner)/ Inspector of Posts for Ex-Servicemen & Commissioned Officers including ECOs/ SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service as on 01.01.2010 and have been released
- On completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within six months) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency; or
- On account of physical disability attributable to military service; or
- On invalidment and in whose case Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and will be released on 3 months' notice on selection from date of receipt of offer of appointment.
5. (C) For Ex-Servicemen (Ex-S) (for Group "C" posts like Inspector of Income-Tax, Sub-Inspector in CBI, Assistant, Enforcement Officer, Divisional Accountants, Auditors, Junior Accountants, UDCs etc.) age concession will be allowed in accordance with the orders issued by the Government from time to time and they will be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age limit by more then three years.
Explanation: An Ex-Serviceman me means ans a person who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy, Air Force of the Indian Union, and
- Who retired from such service after earning his/her pension. This would also include persons who are retired/retire at their own request but after having earned their pension; or
- Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service/circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- Who has been released, otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories, namely:-
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service,
- Persons with disability attributable to military service; and
- Gallantry award winners.
Note- I: Ex-Servicemen who have already joined government job in civil side after availing of the benefits given to ex-servicemen for their re-employment are also eligible for the age concession. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation as Ex-Servicemen or for fee concession.
Note- II: The period of "Call up Service" of an Ex-Serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces for the purpose of para 5 (C ) above.
Note-III: For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as Ex-Serviceman for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for the Post/Service, the status of ex-serviceman and /or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would complete specified term of engagement from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the CLOSING DATE (i.e.02.05.2010)
Note- IV: Age Concession is not admissible to the Sons, Daughters and Dependents of Ex-Servicemen.
The persons serving in the Armed Forces of the Union, who on retirement from service, would come under the category of "ex-serviceman" may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specified terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to ex-servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specified term of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union.
Note - V:
This concession of applying one year before the completion of specified terms of engagement is not available in respect of educational qualification i.e., the non-graduate Ex-Servicemen are required to complete fifteen years of service (and not 14 years) as on 01.01.2010 for becoming a deemed graduate.
Thus, those Non-Graduate Ex-Servicemen who have not completed 15 years of service as on this date for recruitment as stated in Note-III under para 5 (C ) are not eligible.