(1) The application must be submitted in the Application Format given in Annenxure-I, neatly typed on A-4 size paper and sent/submitted by post /by hand to the address shown in column 3 against the examiation centre (colum 2) selected by the candidates as given in the Table under para 15 of the notice.
The candidates may also use the Form published in the 'Employment News. Ball-point pen only be used to fill in such form.
Candidates may also download the Application Form from SSC's Website: http://ssc.nic.in/ for making an application for this Examinaition.
(2) The application must be filled up by the candidate in their own handwriting.
(3) Candidates should put their signature in running script (and not in Capital or block letters) at the appropriate places/Declaration, failing which the application will be summarily rejected by the Commission without any correspondence with the candidate.
The Applicants in their own interest are advised to go through the Commission's Notice, as published in the Employment News for all relevant details.
Candidates are warned that Application submitted on format which is not exactly the same as published in this advertisement, are liable to be rejected summarily.
(4) The envelope containing the application must be superscribed in bold letters, as ''Application for data entry perator exam., 2010 " and the name of the Centre from where the candidate intends to appear should be written in capital letters at left hand side corner.
(5) SC/ST/PH/Ex-S/OBC candidates should also superscribe their category on the envelope.
(6) Candidates should enclose self attested/ duly attested by a Gazetted Officer copies of various documents as per extant procedure alongwith the application form.
(7) Where Central Goverment employees send their application directly to the Commission such candidates are required to submit an undertaking that they have informed their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the examination.
(8) While filling in his/her application form, a candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice for the centre.
If a candidate sends more than one application, the Commission will cancel the candidature of the candidate and the Commission's decision in the matter shall be final.
Similarly, sending more than one application in a single envelope may also lead to rejection of such applications without entering into any correspondence with the concerned candidates.
(9) Due care should be taken by the candidates to fill up their application form correctly. No column of the application should be left blank.
Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
(10) No Original Certificate be sent alongwith the Application.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the Candidates applying for appearing in the examination, their applications shall be rejected/candidature cancelled.
Admission to the examination:
(1) The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination.
Their admission at all the stages of examination will be purely Provisional subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
If on verification at any time before or after the written examination and skill test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
Hence, before submitting his/her application a candidate must carefully read the eligibility conditions for the examination and satisfy himself/herself that he/she fulfills all the eligibility conditions.Candidates should not submit more than one application opting different centres.
The Commission do not undertake any Scrutiny of the Applications before the Written Examination. all Applicants, Except Whose Applications are Summarily Rejected are Allowed to Appear in the Examination, Purely on the Provisional Basis, subject to their eligibility being verified after the examination.
Hence, merely admission to examination will not be considered as a ground for his/her being eligible for the examination.
(2) All Candidates who apply in response to this advertisement before/ by the closing date are assigned Roll numbers and communicated to them on the self-addressed postcards (sent by the candidates with their applications) within two-three weeks from the closing date.
(3) A candidate must write his/her Roll number alongwith his/her name, date of birth and name of the examination while addressing any communication to the Commission.
Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained.
(4) The decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination shall be final.
(5) Admission Certificates(AC) for the Examination indicating time table and also venues of examination for each candidate will be issued to all applicants about two weeks before the date of examination.
If any candidate does not receive admission certificate (AC) for the examination one week before the date of examination, he/she must Immediately Contact the Concerned Regional Office of the Commission with proof of having submitted his/her application. The Commission will not be responsible for failure of the candidate to do so.
(6) If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in his Admission Certificate and take the examination therefrom, the papers of such candidate will not be evaluated and his candidature will be liable to cancellation.
(7) No candidate will be admitted to the examination unless he/she holds certificate of admission from the Commission. The candidate must take the examination at the allotted centre of examination.
Candidates should occupy their seat in the examination venues according to Ticket Number printed on their Admission Certificates (AC) as seating plan will be displayed at the venue in the same manner. It may be noted that Ticket Number and Roll Number are two different things.
Candidate should note that answer sheets not bearing Candidate's Name, Roll Number, Signature, Ticket Number and Test Form Number (blackening the relevant rectangle as per instructions given to the candidates) will not be evaluated and such candidates would be awarded "Zero" mark. in other words, wrong coding or no coding leads to noevaluation.
Candidates are informed that while processing the result, the particulars, i.e., Name, Roll No., Ticket No., Category, and Date of Birth etc. filled in/indicated by the candidate in the OMR Answer Sheet are scanned. Thus, the result processing is done with respect to the Data blackened by the candidates in the OMR Answer Sheets.
Hence, any mistake/error in the particulars indicated by the candidate in the OMR Answer Sheet will lead to cancellation of the candidature of such candidates.
The following steps may be taken by the candidate while filling up the OMR Answer Sheet in black ink/ball point pen :-
"First write in black ink / ball point pen the required information in the boxes (wherever provided).
Then darken the appropriate bubble corresponding to the alphabet/numeral underneath each box with HB pencil.
What you write in these boxes is only for your guidance and verification that you are darkening the bubble corresponding to the correct alphabet/numeral.
A machine will process the OMR Answer Sheet. The machine picks up only the dark pencil marks. Therefore, darken the alphabet/numeral uniformly using HB Pencil only".
Candidates Applying for the Examination should send
Following Documents to the Commission.
- Duly filled in Application Form.
- Attach following with the application form:-
- Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) of Rs.100/-, affixed and clearly cancelled on the Application Form as prescribed in this Notice.
- One recent good quality Passport size photograph to be pasted on the Application Form in the space provided for the purpose.
- One self-addressed Postcard worth postage of Rs.6/-. The candidate must indicate "Application for Data Entry Operator Exam., 2010 " on the postcard.
- One self-addressed envelope of 12 cms x 25 cms size, which must be affixed with postage stamps worth Rs.5/-.
- Attested copies of Document(s) in support of claim of SC/ST/OBC/PH/ExS persons.
- Attested copies of Matriculation certificates as a proof of age (Date of Birth).
- Documents in support of claim of age relaxation (for categories not covered in item (v) above).
- Candidates in Government Service are to attach an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the examination.
- Attested copy of Mark-sheets/Provisional Certificate or their equivalent in support of their educational qualifications.
- If the above documents are not submitted alongwith the application, application will be rejected summarily or at any stage of the recruitment process and no request for revival will be considered.
- Incomplete or unsigned applications or applications without Photograph/fee or late applications will be rejected summarily.
Closing Date for DEO Exam:
Completed application forms must reach to the concerned Regional Office of the Commission latest by 01.06.2010 (5.00 P.M.) and in the case of candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date is 08.06.2010 (5.00 P.M.).
Applications Received after the Specified time of closing date will not be Entertained under any Circumstances.
The Commission will not be Responsible for Postal Delays. Hence Candidates are advised to Post the application well before the closing date.